Insomnia is an inability to get enough sleep the body needs to make you feel rested and rejuvenated when you wake up. We all need different hours of sleep. Insomnia is not necessarily defined by the number of hours of sleep but also by the quality of sleep and how you feel after sleeping.
You may be experience Insomnia if you:
- Struggle for hours to get to sleep even if you are tired
- Wake up in the middle of the night and stay awake for hours unable to go back to sleep.
- Feel drowsy and fatigued even when you have had eight of sleep.
Insomnia can effect emotions, mood, and energy and tolerance levels. Continuous insomnia may even lead to physical and health problems such a high blood pressure.
Causes of insomnia are individual and personal:
- It may be caused by emotional issues such as stress, anxiety or excessive worry.
- Unhealthy sleeping habits and interrupted sleep routine may also promote insomnia.
- Temporary insomnia may be caused by physical issues such as jet lag, physical pain, low melatonin levels or even some medications.
Problems coping with Insomnia
People suffering from lack of sleep or poor quality sleep experience low functioning during their day. Such as: difficulty concentrating, low tolerance, irritability, inability to complete tasks, low motivation, poor memory and lack of vitality to enjoy life.
Often insomnia may be treated by a single session although more serious insomnia caused by emotional issues may involve several sessions.
How Insight Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy can Help You
Our Philosphy is to provide a therapeutic, nurturing and supportive environment
At Insight Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy we take a holistic approach towards Insomnia. In particular we address individual biological, psychological and social influences that have prevented you succeeding in the past.
The reasons why you have developed insomnia is personal and individual, so the way of changing this will also be pesonal and individual.
We have in depth experience in a range of therapies to help you. Some of these include:
- Mind Body Therapy
- Insight Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Mindfulness and Acceptance Therapy
- Breathing Techniques
- Relaxation techniques
Take the necessary steps towards your path to freedom